Sign Up to Join Our Spring 2022 Diplomacy Simulation Teacher Trainings
Are you hoping to internationalize your classroom curriculum, enrich your classroom teaching on National History Day’s 2021-2022 theme “Debate and Diplomacy,” or find an interactive activity for your students?
The National Museum of American Diplomacy (NMAD) is here to help with our Spring 2022 semester online diplomacy simulation teacher training! Only 35 participants will be selected for each session, so sign up soon.
In a single interactive, two-hour online session, you will learn how you can bring NMAD’s diplomacy simulations into your classroom and teach the skills and tools of diplomacy.
The training session is offered on three different dates and times:
- Saturday, January 29, 2022, 12:00 – 2:00 pm EST
- Thursday, February 17, 2022, 7:00 – 9:00 pm EST
- Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 7:00 – 9:00 pm EDT
The training session is tailored to 6th to 12th-grade teachers. However, all educators are welcome to sign up and attend.
These trainings will be hosted through Zoom. The password will be sent directly to your email upon application submission and approval.
Training will include:
- Introduction to diplomacy and the work of the State Department, which teachers can integrate into classroom instruction.
- Introduction to NMAD’s Diplomacy Simulation Program, including the purpose and how to implement it in the classroom.
- Step-by-step, interactive walkthrough of the simulation process for in-person and virtual classroom settings.
- Walkthrough of NMAD’s free educational materials including simulations, teacher guide, and defining terms and ideas.
This application is now closed. Please stay tuned for future opportunities.